Do you have the urge to clean out your craft room, and need a place to sell some of the tools you no longer use? Have you recently bought a piece of used fiber equipment and need some advice on how to fix up your newfound treasure? Could you use some guidance with a new-to-you technique, or a little inspiration on what to do with all of that yarn you spin?
The internet is full of resources and information, provided you know where to look. Here are some of our favorite resources for fiber artists – we’d love to hear about any websites you’ve come across that aren’t listed here!
Buying & Selling Equipment
- Fiber Processing Equipment for Sale – Facebook Group
- All Fiber Equipment for Sale – Facebook Group
- Fiberarts.org Classified Ads
- Spinners’ Marketplace – Ravelry Group
- Sell, Barter or Destash – Ravelry Group
- Used Tools & Equipment Classifieds – Ravelry Group
- Weavers & Spinners Trading Post
- ISO/Destash Threads on Ravelry: many groups have dedicated threads where you can post items for sale, just search by manufacturer or hobby to find a group that pertains to what you wish to buy or sell. Most groups have very specific rules on what can and cannot be posted, so make sure that you read the group rules carefully before posting.
- Your local spinning/weaving/knitting group or guild!
Fixing & Troubleshooting Equipment
- Strauch Drum Carder FAQ
- Strauch Ball Winder FAQ
- Strauch Yarn Swift FAQ
- Strauch Hand Cards FAQ
- Strauch Accessories FAQ
- Strauch Operation Manuals
- Strauch YouTube Channel
- Fixing Common Spinning Wheel Issues
- Simple Antique Spinning Wheel Fixes – YouTube Video
- The Woolery – Spinning Wheel Maintenance
Techniques & Tutorials
- Abby Franquemont YouTube Channel – handspinning tips, trick and more!
- Grace Shalom Hopkins YouTube Channel – carding & handspinning tutorials.
- Joy of Handspinning – anything and everything pertaining to handspinning!
- Spinning Tuesdays on the Knitty Blog – news, tips, and product reviews.
- Very Pink Knits YouTube Channel – product reviews, knitting & crochet patterns, and technique tutorials.
We’d love to hear about your own favorite resources, especially if it’s something that isn’t listed above – please share them in the the comments!
Like this post? Pin it!